Monday, August 03, 2015

BILL'S TENTATIVE FORAY INTO THE GREAT DISCUSSION ON RACE IN AMERICA


Went to the Giant Supermarket this morning at 6:30 AM and was not fully awake.

Filled my shopping cart with food (thank you, Lord!) and got in line at the checkout.

Started to put my groceries on the chute and I saw a late, middle-aged, woman holding one gallon of milk.

"You've only got one thing and I have a cartful. Would you like to go first?" I asked courteously. (A Scout is Courteous.)

At this point I saw that behind her was a more "middle" middle-aged man behind her with a cart full of groceries.

"Oh," I said, "Are you two togeth..."

It was at this moment that I BELATEDLY noticed that she was White and he was Black.

I'm not sure how she responded to that awkward pause, but the Black man gave me a big smile and said, "We're not married."

I somewhat defensively smiled and replied, "I'm a liberal, you know. So I had to ask."

No comments:

A 13 year old kid has a few items on his shopping list

  A 13 year old kid has a few items on his shopping list: Beer ❌ Cigarettes ❌ Racy Magazines ❌ Lottery Tickets ❌ Gun — No Problem! Another ...