Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Artificial Intelligence within our grasp...

The bar that must hurtled to achieve artificial intelligence gets lower every day.

One day I visited Gettysburg and hiked with a friend until I was both famished and exhausted. (Probably about two miles  )

We went to a Red Robin for dinner and stood in the waiting line.

When we got to the front, I walked over and looked at the largest, most beautiful salad bar I'd ever seen in my life.

It seemed to extend back for yards.

I circled around to view it from the other direction and - it abruptly disappeared and was replaced by a wall.

I had my best dumbfounded stupid look on my face.

The hostess went to my friend, at the front of the line, pointed to me and said, "What on earth is he doing?"

My friend, John Cope, who has known me for decades explained: "He doesn't realize that the salad bar was next to a wall with a large mirror on it.

So, I can truthfully say that I've been outsmarted by a salad bar.

See Human Intelligence to fall below level of household appliances (The Daily Mash, a British satire similar to The Onion.)

No comments:

A 13 year old kid has a few items on his shopping list

  A 13 year old kid has a few items on his shopping list: Beer ❌ Cigarettes ❌ Racy Magazines ❌ Lottery Tickets ❌ Gun — No Problem! Another ...