Tuesday, June 26, 2018

When they say "SPYGATE!," you say, "informant."


When they say "SPYGATE!," you say, "informant."

" The term informant means any individual who furnishes information to an intelligence agency in the course of a confidential relationship protecting the identity of such individual from public disclosure."
50 U.S.C. § 426 - Definitions

So, if I have a loose connection to the mob (say, I'm friends with a bartender and various regulars at a bar where mobsters tend to hang-out) and he overhears one of them indiscreetly and drunkenly claim to have whacked a rival and I call the FBI and give them that information with the understanding that they will keep my friend and my own identity confidential, I am an informant.

And if the FBI agrees to that and says they'd be most grateful for any further information I could get from my friend on the mob's activity, that does not mean I'm a spy and it doesn't mean my bartender friend or any of the regulars are targets of an investigation or even subjects of an investigation.

BECAUSE THE FBI WANTS TO COVERTLY INVESTIGATE THE MOB, NOT THE BARTENDER AND THE REGULARS.

Okay. Now substitute Stefan Halper (the FBI informant) for me, members of the Trump campaign for the bartender and regulars and Putin and Russian intelligence for the mob.

Why do we KNOW BEYOND ANY DOUBT that this is so?

Because the fact that the investigation into Russian attempts to contact the Trump campaign NEVER LEAKED.

Only Clinton was hurt by leaks, not Trump.

And, since I know Mike Talotta will not read my Stefan Halper link, I'll point out that Stefan Halper "was an assistant for three chiefs of staff, Alexander Haig, Donald Rumsfeld, and Dick Cheney," served as "National Policy Director for George H. W. Bush's Presidential campaign and then in 1980 he became Director of Policy Coordination for the Reagan- Bush Presidential campaign," and then "became Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Political-Military Affairs."

Also worth noting: "From 1984 to 1990 Halper was chairman and majority shareholder of the Palmer National Bank of Washington, D.C., the National Bank of Northern Virginia and the George Washington National Bank.[6] Palmer National Bank was used to transfer money to Swiss Bank Accounts controlled by White House aid Oliver North.[10] Halper later set up a legal defense fund for North."

So, no limp-wristed liberal he. 😃

So when they say, "SPYGATE!," you say, "informant," - or, better yet, "BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI!"

In any event, that's enough of THAT nonsense.

Stefan Halper (Wikipedia)

No comments:

A 13 year old kid has a few items on his shopping list

  A 13 year old kid has a few items on his shopping list: Beer ❌ Cigarettes ❌ Racy Magazines ❌ Lottery Tickets ❌ Gun — No Problem! Another ...