Thursday, June 15, 2017

CLEARING THE AIR


If, as in an earlier incident, I am blamed for supporting political assassination because I THOUGHT MY FRIENDS ALREADY KNEW THAT I'M *APPALLED* BY IT, I want to make it crystal clear that while many Americans hold views I strongly believe to be abhorrent and ignorant, they are still human beings - and Americans.

Dumber than a bag of hammers Americans, but still Americans. And while I have no interest in sparing their feelings and self-esteem, I hold their physical well-being and personhood inviolate.

I absolutely reject violence and destruction of property as a way of addressing political issues in America and, indeed, in this time of this unprecedented assault on American civic values and institutions, consider such actions as part of the problem rather than as part of the solution.

But while we ALL have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, we DO NOT all have a right to respect for our words and actions.

Respect is earned.

If any of my Trump-supporting friends need further assurance on that, please email me with your concerns at billb@kissmyass.com. :-)

No comments:

A 13 year old kid has a few items on his shopping list

  A 13 year old kid has a few items on his shopping list: Beer ❌ Cigarettes ❌ Racy Magazines ❌ Lottery Tickets ❌ Gun — No Problem! Another ...