Wednesday, March 29, 2017

WWSD?


WHAT WOULD JUDGE ANTONIN SCALIA DO?

JUDGE GORSUCH: How best are America's interests served? My original opinion was to filibuster him to rub Mitch McConnell's nose in his delegitimization of President Obama up to and including not even giving HIS SCOTUS nominee the courtesy of hearings let alone a vote.

Now, with the Russia / Trump crisis overshadowing most of my other priorities, I think I'm changing my mind. (Yes, that occasionally happens, even on the internet. :-) )

In normal times, Judge Gorsuch would receive hearings and a vote. In normal times, I don't THINK he'd be filibustered. He seems obviously qualified, he's the president's pick, elections have consequences, and the balance of the court would not change: Scalia gone replaced by Gorsuch.

Considering that in the present crisis SCOTUS will almost CERTAINLY have to weigh in on SOMETHING at some point, I find myself pondering what Justice Scalia might do confronted with the Russia / Trump crisis and how likely is it that a Justice Gorsuch would respond in a similar way?

Any thoughts?

No comments:

A 13 year old kid has a few items on his shopping list

  A 13 year old kid has a few items on his shopping list: Beer ❌ Cigarettes ❌ Racy Magazines ❌ Lottery Tickets ❌ Gun — No Problem! Another ...