Saturday, October 01, 2016

Trump's Mortal Sin: Inconveniencing Me :-)


"War is hell."
-General William Tecumseh Sherman

"Political campaigns are an inconvenient pain in the ass."
-William Francis Bekkenhuis III 

I have again donated more money than I should and have cancelled the Saturday night dinner and movie event through the election to allow me to commit at least half a day on Saturday to the Clinton campaign through to Election Day (which I'm taking off to shuttle folks to the polls if needed).

But even as his campaign and his very personality come unglued, I'll be God damned if I withhold any of the feeble support of which I am capable to the Clinton campaign.

I never liked the Clintons. I never voted for the Clintons.

But eight years of George W. Bush followed by eight years of Republican obstructionism aimed at delegitimizing the nation's first black president and every indication that Republicans will once again double-down and do all in their power to delegitimize the first woman president changes one's perspective.

Or should.

No comments:

A 13 year old kid has a few items on his shopping list

  A 13 year old kid has a few items on his shopping list: Beer ❌ Cigarettes ❌ Racy Magazines ❌ Lottery Tickets ❌ Gun — No Problem! Another ...