Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Diary 102710; PAYING THE RENT, FEEDING THE DOG

Having spent the last leisurely seven months considering what knowledge, skills and attitudes I have to offer an employer and the types of employers to whom I would like to offer those knowledge, skills and attitudes (as well as working for the US Census and perusing the help wanted ads, such as they were), I am ready to move to active job hunting.

I've created an employer database using Base by Open Office and plan to have two-hundred prospect employers in that database by close of business on Monday, November 1st.

I'll then pick up the phone and start snooping around a bit to see if the employment situation in the Lehigh Valley is as dire as everyone says it is.

I am posting this online to ensure my plan's success as I've found public shame and humiliation a useful motivational tool. :-)

No comments:

A 13 year old kid has a few items on his shopping list

  A 13 year old kid has a few items on his shopping list: Beer ❌ Cigarettes ❌ Racy Magazines ❌ Lottery Tickets ❌ Gun — No Problem! Another ...